Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:10:45 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Carlos Castillo Reyes <alacran@informador.com.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: help!!!

Carlos Castillo Reyes wrote:

> Please help me, I'm new in freebsd and I want install freebsd system
> as gateway, I have 2 netcards, one with private ip and other with
> public ip.

The very short and simple answer is "set gateway_enable=YES in
/etc/rc.conf" and it should work.  You'll have to execute the command
'sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1' as root to make the change take
effect without a reboot.

If your system needs more advanced set-up than this, please direct any
future questions to the FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org mailing list.  The
freebsd-doc mailing list is for discussion of FreeBSD documentation, not
for questions about FreeBSD itself.  You'll probably find more people in
that list willing and able to help you.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D