Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:53:36 -0900
From:      "Mark Weisman" <mark@mystic1.net>
To:        <webmaster@jargonccna.cjb.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Bandwidth hit in natd/ipfw on 4.4-RELEASE

My first question to help is why do you have any firewall at all?=20
	firewall_type=3DOPEN
Typically means that you have no ports being blocked? I'm hoping this is
just for testing purposes?=20
I see in your natd.conf file you have a line for =
unregistered_only=3DYES.
This switch is for alteration of outgoing packets based on RFC 1918. I'm
assuming then that you are looking at using natd for outgoing packets
only? In which case in your files you would identify the
natd_interface=3Ddc0 allowing for the unregistered statement to then =
alter
outgoing packets. I would also suggest if you have any LinkSys routers
between your FBSD box and the Internet, that you examine them, as I have
just recently replaced all my Internet hard routers with CISCO's due to
the LinkSys being unable to hold an MTU setting. Just my two cents.

Res Ipsa Loquitor,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
Site Master
Mystic_One Internet Gaming Server