Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2019 20:06:52 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Philippe Maechler <pmaechler-ml@glattnet.ch>, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dns/dsc on FreeBSD 11.2-p9 and 12.0

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 1:36 PM Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Thank you for your reply and the check with poudriere
> >
> > I tried building the port with portmaster and from the ports tree
> directly
> > with make, make install
>
> If I build from the ports tree, I can reproduce the problem.
>
> I have no solution right now besides the suggestion to build
> in poudriere 8-}
>
> --
> pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    One year to go !

Taking a quick look, u_int and u_char are not defined POSIX types, but are
BSD types defined in sys/types.h. /usr/include/arpa/nameser.h does include
sys/types.h, so should be fine. This typically means that something, some
dependency, is interfering and causing these types to not be found and
poudriere, since it does a clean build, does not hit this issue.

I did quickly look at the source files to see where sys/types.h or some
other code that would define u_char and u_int might be found, but came up
empty. I'd be curious there they are defined in a poudriere build. I see
only . and /usr/local/include listed in the compile line. Tracking these
things down can be painful. I'm afraid and I will not claim to be great at
it.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com