Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 11:09:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        jbolivar@emsphone.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppy Hell

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 jbolivar@emsphone.com wrote:

>      Hey all,
>
>         I have currently installed FreeBSD using floppies onto a PC.
>      Initially I just installed the bin distribution.  I have installed the
>      manpages distribution, but now I am trying to install the src
>      distribution via floppy, but it doesn't seem to be working.  I try to
>      install the ssys of src but when I try to install it nothing happens.
>      The attempting message comes up then disappears.  Does any one have
>      any experience with installing distributions using floppies.  Any info
>      would help.  I had no problem with the manpages, so I don't understand
>      why I can't install the src distribution.  Thanks in advance.

Which "RELEASE" are you attempting to install it for?
Are you installing via internet or CDROM?

FWIW you don't have to enter the floppy to install additional
distributions.  Once logged in as "root" just type
"/stand/sysinstall<enter>" and you can go to "Do post-install
configuration of FreeBSD" and choose "Install additional distribution
sets".  This is assuming that you have configured your CDROM or IIJPPP.

--
                                                  Regards,
                                                  Kevin G. Eliuk

Discover Rock Solid, Discover FreeBSD  |  http://www.FreeBSD.Org