Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 13:20:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD-R

if it's atapi, I think the built in cd utilities (burncd(8))
can do it.. check with SOS@freebsd.org

if it's scsi or firewire, you need either:
cdrecord with the dvd patches (google should find them for you)
they are a hack but they work.

or

cdrecord-PRO by the author of cdrecord. He has a FreeBSD version
available for personal use on his download site.

(check the cdrtools port for the sites)

	I've had success with both the cdrecord versions but not tried
        burncd (BTW with CAM/ATAPI support in FreeBSD you can now use
        cdrecord with atapi cds too..)