Date:      Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:10:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        markzero <mark@darklogik.org>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pinnacle RAVE TV tuning problem

Hi!

My Pinnacle PCTV Rave card (for the germ. market) is detected as
follows:
 kernel: bktr1: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdfcfc000-0xdfcfcfff irq 10
   at device 9.0 on pci0
 kernel: bktr1: [GIANT-LOCKED]
 kernel: bktr1: MT2032: Companycode=4d54 Part=04 Revision=04
 kernel: bktr1: Pinnacle PCTV Rave, MT2032 tuner.

> The problem is: FreeBSD seems to know what the card is, it
> also seems to know what the tuner is, but we can't get any
> picture in motv (or any TV app for that matter). We are in
> the UK, so the card is not NTSC and we've verified that the
> aerial cables are fine. What could be the problem?

Did you try the various frequency areas (xawtv shows such a list)?

Setting a different tuner (by bypassing the auto detection) in
sysctl hw.bt848... in /boot/loader.conf might help, too. E. g.:
  hw.bt848.tuner=1

> The card is supposed to be supported so I'm guessing that
> this is just a configuration problem.

Maybe it is a new and unsupported tuner. You could ask Branko
Lankester (branko@euro.net), who made my Pinnacle card supported.

Bye
Arne

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!