Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:52:14 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is x-compiling  2.2 on a 3.x system supported?

I notice that (with the addition of buildkernel) compiling 4.x world & kernel
on 3.x is more-or-less supported.  Is building 2.2.x world on 3.x supported?  I
tried it and it failed building the rtld (which doesn't surprise me, as this
would be oneof the more version-dependent bits!). If it is supposed to work,
I'll send-pr it, otherwise I'll just forget it.

Greg.