Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:41:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Maarten van Schie <anera@dds.nl>
To:        Bob Cazzell <bcazzell@rezn8.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /Proc usage = 100%?

A snip from 'man procfs' shows:

DESCRIPTION
     The process file system, or procfs, implements a view of the system pro-
     cess table inside the file system.  It is normally mounted on /proc, and
     is required for the complete operation of programs such as ps(1) and
     w(1).

There's little more in there, nothing to be deleted or changed, that's
up to the kernel.

Furthermore, as you see, /proc only takes 4KB space so I figure noone
shouldn't worry about the space it takes unless running some ancient
mainframe or anything similar.

Maarten