Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:17:00 +0200
From:      "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org>
To:        "Gleb Smirnoff" <glebius@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE misbehaving?

Hi Gleb and the rest,

Thank you all for the replies.  The card is a Senao NL-2054PCI, based on the
Atheros chipset... pciconf -lv reports:

ath0@pci0:9:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x2027168c chip=0x0013168c rev=0x01
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Atheros Communications Inc.'
    device   = '802/11b/g AR5212 wireless Adapter'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

As I did indicate, the card is working and functioning properly - I am 99%
sure it is a problem related with PPPoEd, or something in regards to PPPoE
over the Ethernet card (which, can also be possible I guess).  I've tried
all the other suggestions that was made, and none of them seemed to have
changed anything.  From what I can see, the client sends and attempts to
initiate the PPPoE connection properly, but the PPPoE daemon does not
receive the packets / or does not initiate a session - which, needs to be
completed before any sub processes will be spawned.

It's quite urgent that I get this working.... An alternative would be to
port the ath drivers to the 4.X tree - but I really don't think that's even
a option.... I can only imagine the amount of work that would be required
for this.  Are there possibly any other open source PPPoE Daemons available
that I can possibly try on FreeBSD 5.2??

Look forward to hearing from you all

--
me