Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:31:20 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: jail

1) from the host machine, a ps will show jailled processes with a J
beside them...  unfortunately in the case of multiple jails, you
cannot differentiate which ones belong to which jails (to my
knowledge).

2) not sure, but my guess would be no, since the processes are valid
processes on the root machine...  all the "jail" command does is
ensure that all the required componants are available in the jail
environment, and chroots everything out of there.  in that case, all
the processes must still be original including the host and other
jails.

3) really have no idea on this one, though very intersted in any
answers you may get.

Reportedly they are still working on tweaks and features for "jail",
and personally i cannot wait untill they start to surface mainstream.

Dave