Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 20:36:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        Ritwik Bhattacharya <ritwik@dbrci.blr.daimlerbenz.com>
Subject:   Re: Using lpd to control access to printer

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Ritwik Bhattacharya wrote:

> I have an HP-Laserjet printer connected to a WinNT workstation with TCP/IP
> printing service running. I have configured my FreeBSD box to use this
> printer, and all users share this printer thrugh the BSD box. I also have
> samba installed on the BSD box.
>
> I want to get accounting information for all jobs sent to the printer. This
> is how the entry in /etc/printcap looks :
>
> rp|remote printer:\
> 	:lp=:rm=hamsadhwani:rp=lipi:pw=80:pl=65:sd=/var/spool/lpd:\
> 	:if=/usr/libexec/lpr/lpf:af=/var/spool/lpd/account:
>
> According to the handbook, that's all it should take. But the following
> command
>
> 	pac -Prp
>
> always gives this output :
>
> 	Login	pages/feet	run	price
>
> 	total	0.00		0       $      0.00
>
> What is wrong ?

	Did you enable accounting at boot time?  Check /etc/rc.conf and
ensure that "accounting_enable" is set to "YES".  I do not have accounting
enabled and I get the same output as you do.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,