Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Alvin Gunkel" <gunkel@oneofum.net>
To:        "Roland Wells" <freebsd@thebeatbox.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: vinum concatenated raid setup problems - SOLVED

I see this has been solved, but i'll throw one more gotcha to watch for
out there.  Use of 'vinum saveconfig' is a good thing.  From the vinum man
page:

saveconfig
Save the current configuration to disk.  Normally this is not
necessary, since vinum automatically saves any change in configu-
ration.  If an error occurs on startup, updates will be disabled.
When you reenable them with the setdaemon command, vinum does not
automatically save the configuration to disk.  Use this command
to save the configuration.

As I was learning to use vinum I made frequent mistakes, disabling
updates, then built the system, rebooted, and nothing survived ;)  Had to
rtfm a couple of times before I caught that.

Alvin