Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:12:13 +0600
From:      ashadul hoque <ahoque.YKKSAO@ykk.com.bd>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wait 15 seconds for SCSI to settle

Hello everyone,

I have installed FreeBSD5.2.1-RELEASE on Vmware.

When booting I am seeing the message "Wait 15 seconds for SCSI to settle".

The problem is I am not using any SCSI device on my virtual machine. I
tried "sysctl kern.cam.scsi_delay=100" but no improvement.

Can anyone give me pointer on how to reduce boot time by reducing the
delay.
I want to squeeze maximum performance out of this setting. So, any pointer
to the right direction will be appreciated.

regards
Ashadul