Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:12:00 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@googlemail.com>
To:        Dag-Erling =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unmapped I/O

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:32:11 +0100
Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no> wrote:

> Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> writes:
> > I consider the current patch ready to be committed into the HEAD.
> > Some elements of the design were discussed with Jeff Roberson.  The
> > patch was tested by Peter Holm, a backport to stable/9 got load
> > testing by Scott Long.  I see an ~30% reduction in the system time on
> > reading large files over UFS/ahci on the 4-core HTT machine.
>
> That sounds very nice indeed.  Have you observed a similar reduction in
> buildworld times?

I applied the patch and am currently running with it.

Had to fix a fatal error in subr_bus_dma.c - "error may be used
unitialized" or something to that effect.  I don't have the patched
source any longer, but I think it was at line 131.

I started a build world with -j6 but unfortunately it broke off with an error
which is no longer visible in the output.

--
Gary Jennejohn