Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:28:33 -0800
From:      Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipf idiot wants to roam

Randy Bush (randy@psg.com) wrote:
> [ i can find no list for ipf questions.  if folk know of one, please tell
>   me. ]
>
> installing ipf on a machine which roams and therefore changes both
> interfaces (wi0, ep0, and tun0) and ip addresses.  trying to come up
> with a ipf.rules as a first time ipf user.  help appreciated
>
> randy

Here is what I use.

# Ruleset taken from http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/ipf-howto.txt
# Section 7.1

pass in  quick on lo0 all
pass out quick on lo0 all

block in log all
block out all

# This allows for AUTH
pass in quick proto tcp from any to any port = 113 flags S/SA keep state

#This allows for FTP
pass in quick proto tcp from any port = 20 to any port 39999 >< 45000 flags S/SA keep state

pass out quick proto icmp from any to any keep state
pass out quick proto tcp/udp from any to any keep state keep frags

I allow 113 because I tend to IRC alot.  ;-)

TIA