Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:40:04 GMT
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/120991: System crashes when manipulating fs snapshots

The following reply was made to PR i386/120991; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, bas@kompasmedia.nl
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:37:37 +0100

 Bas,

 I'm wondering if you mind to show us your kernel config?

 A dmesg will also not disturb anybody.

 Please note, there have been some issues with HighPoint controllers
 under 7.0 lately and it might be a similar issue you're seeing (but that
 is beyond my view currently as I'm not following hardware specific
 threads if I don't have that hardware).

 If there's nothing wrong with your custom kernel config, I think it
 might make sense to have a WITNESS enabled kernel and performance
 measurement probably needs to be done, if the maintainers are not
 already aware of such problems.

 Thanks!