Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:39:47 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Erik =?iso-8859-15?q?N=F8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>, Don Wilde <Don@silver-lynx.com>
Subject:   Re: Problem (maybe a solution) loading iwi firmware: firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss

On Thursday 27 July 2006 14:28, Erik N=F8rgaard wrote:
> Hi:
>=20
> This question has been on various lists lately, maybe I'm on the right
> track:

Use the iwi-firmware-kmod port.  You need the module wrappers around the=20
firmware in /boot/modules, not the raw firmware in /boot/firmware.  That is=
=20
the older way of doing things.

> There is some development, I'm not sure if it has been imported into the
> source tree yet,
>=20
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/

Yes, it is in -current and I believe -stable now, and this just works fine=
=20
with the iwi-firmware-kmod port.

In short, upgrade to 6.1-stable, install the iwi-firmware-kmod port, and=20
everything should Just Work(tm).  It does here on my laptop (albeit running=
=20
7-current).

=2D-=20
John Baldwin