Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:52:26 +0300
From:      Fred Souza <cseg@kronus.com.br>
To:        Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPd

> I am afraid I cannot help you with pppd.
>
> Before I switched to ISDN on my FreeBSD 3.2 box I used the other kind
> of ppp. A "man ppp" will give you all the info. Unlike other terse,
> sometimes cryptic man pages this is more like a tutorial. The
> "ppp.conf.sample" file is also very informative.

  I was using ppp too, but got upset when I started noticing some strange
  things happening (like for example, I could not perform things like OS
  fingerprint detection by some reason.  Using pppd (and thus, ppp*
  interfaces), that does not happen).

  I'm sorry for not notifying the list before, but I've already solved the
  problem.  It seems pppd won't run the scripts /etc/ppp/ip-{down,up} if
  there is no /etc/ppp/options.  That file created, problems fixed. :-)

  Thanks *a lot*, anyway.

Peace,
.cseg

--
"Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is
perfect."