Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 07:42:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kent S. Gordon" <kgor@ksg.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup Problems

I am running cvsup (CVSup client, Software version: REL_15_2,Protocol
version: 15.4) on a NetBSD 1.3 i386 to update my FreeBSD sources.  The
cvsup files is from the precompiled static version (no X libraries) from
ftp.freebsd.org running under NetBSD FreeBSD emulation mode.  I
sometimes get errors complaining of invalid RCS files.  These error
have happened both within cvsup and when checking files out using cvs.
The version of cvs and rcs are from the distributions for both NetBSD
and FreeBSD (-current).  The FreeBSD sources where initial taken from
the FreeBSD 2.2.5 release disks and only updated by cvsup.  I am
running cvsup with the following command cvsup -L2 -P - supfile.cvsup.

Here is my supfile.cvsup

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#Run with -P - (because of fake addresses)
*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/users/kgor/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr/cvs/FreeBSD
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix

*default compress

src-all
src-crypto
src-eBones
src-secure
ports-all

My network is configured like this

    internet   ----  FreeBSD box running ppp  ---  NetBSD box running cvsup

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing the problem?

Kent S. Gordon
KSG  --  Unix, Network, Database Consulting
Postal: 76 Corral Drive North, Keller, Texas 76248
e-mail: kgor@ksg.com Phone:(817)431-8775 Resume: http://www.ksg.com/resume.html