Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:28:48 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-multimedia@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Technisat DVB-S PCI card

Hi,

as part of larger work we gained new cables with both DVB-S and DVB-T
signal. I already know a bit about DVB-T, I can receive streams with
ITE Technologies, Inc. DVB-T TV Stick and VDR (with help from this
list, remote is not yet functional, but this is discussed in another
thread).

Now I got some older DVB-S card for free and would like to try it. From
'pciconf -lv' I got (slightly reformatted to avoid wrap issues)

none0@pci0:1:0:0:
class=0x028000 card=0x210313d0 chip=0x210313d0 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
  vendor  = 'Techsan Electronics Co Ltd'
  device  = 'B2C2 Sky2PC Core Chip sky star 2 <technisat> (T228502)'
  class   = network

With some browsing I was able to find page at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechniSat_SkyStar_2_TV_PCI_/_Sky2PC_PCI
stating it work quite well under Linux. Has anyboady some experience
with it under FreeBSD? Is driver already ported or nothing is done,
yet? In general, how does PCI card usage differ from USB device,
working with webcamd?

Regards,
Milan