Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 11:02:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        garyj@munich.netsurf.de, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Willows Windows Emulator?

   Hi!

> Lars Koeller writes:
> >
> >   Hi!
> >
> >      What about Willows and the plan to port the  xwin MS Windows Emulator
> >   to  FreeBSD?  There is  a new   version   2.0Beta available. How  can  I
> >   participate on the project, where can I get the FreeBSD patches?
> >
> >   Lars
>
> the source available is for 1.5.2. Hardly seems worth pursuing any
> further.

      Maybe you're  right (I'm sure  you're right  :-) but  it's better to
   have 2 projects (WINE and  willows) than only  one. My last  experiences
   with WINE are  not very well.   It seems wine  is the only  program that
   could crash  FreeBSD in an easy way  (specifying a wrong pathname to the
   Windows program wine should start).

       Perhaps the new   version 2.0 of xwin  is  more stable and  it seems
   (don't really know)   that  there is  more  progress  than on  the  WINE
   project, isn't it?

      However  where can I get the  diffs for FreeBSD?  Who is  involved in
   this project, is there a mailing-list?

   So that more than enough questions. Hope you can answer some of them.

   Thanks and regards

   Lars
Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub