Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:19:49 -0400
From:      "Michael Roberts" <tpen0010@hotmail.com>
To:        geffy@geffychan.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DLink DWL-G650 (h/w ver. B4)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay - long weekend.  If I put the
card in before bootup, it will give the first set of errors that I listed
during boot, then will give the "bfe0 timeout" errors after it has finished
the boot scripts.  So, that method doesn't work either.

I haven't tried disabling my ethernet device.. though that's a good idea.
How exactly do you do that?  I tried "kldunload bfe", where bfe is my nic
device, however that doesn't work, since bfe is built into the kernel.  I
tried syncing my sources and upgrading the kernel again, but something is
broken in the sources, and the kernel doesn't compile even a GENERIC kernel.
  So, is there a way to unload a *part* of the kernel module -- namely bfe?

Thanks for the help, it would be great if I could get this working.  And it
should work.... since it uses the ar5211.sys driver on the windows side,
which means Atheros....

regards,
Mike