Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:38:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Missouri FreeNet Administration <root@mfn.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sendmail code 500

Hi folks, happy seasons and all that... :)

I have noticed mail being bounced that I can't account for recently, all
with a code of "500 Access Denied".

We have several additions to our sendmail.cf (rbl, reverseDNS, etc.), but
none of these return a 500: therefore I am assuming that this error is
hard-coded within sendmail (8.8.7 IIRC - 2.2.5R).

Anyone know what generates them?  I have checked a few of them out, and
can't seem to determine any valid reson for rejection (headers ok, known
users on known machines in domains we get mail from all the time, etc).

Thanks!

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org