Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:08:44 -0700
From:      perikillo <perikillo@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ftp proxy.

On 6/29/06, jekillen <jekillen@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have successfully installed FreeBSD 6.0 commercial boxed cds in 2
> AMD64 machines. All ports and packages selected and all went well.
> but some other software that is not installed by default, like Apache,
> I couldn't get ports to install because the this particular machine
> was on an inside network. I need to know how to get ftp to use an ftp
> proxy (on another machine that has a direct connection).
> Since the machine in question is configured to be a server, I did'nt
> install the Xwindows softwares. So I need to know what to do with
> the command line (default csh for root). The other machine does have
> Xwindows installed so I can use the configuration apps to set it.
> I'm being a little lazy and not looking at Absolute FreeBSD nor the
> manual that can be obtained from the same source as the CD set.
> If a fast and simple suggestion isn't fast and simple tell me to go
> read the books (again). My bio-chemical buffer is getting a little
> cranky..
> and clumsy.
> Thanks in advance
> JK

I have my bsd box behind a proxy and this are my settings on .cshrc:

setenv  HTTP_PROXY "http://192.168.1.2:3128"
setenv  HTTP_PROXY_AUTH "basic:*:myuser:mypassword"

We are using squid + firewall and we have to add the rule OUT on the
firewall to let me connect to port 5999 check the Firewall section of
the handbook i think if you have a proxy you a firewall...?

   Greetings!!!