Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 13:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Roberts <roberph@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   COM terminal not working properly

I am trying to setup PPP configuration scripts, but
have not been able to get them to work in a
conventional manner.  To troubleshoot the problem, I
use the user-PPP program and enter the COM terminal
within PPP (term).  The character(s) that I type do
not
seem to be entering correctly.  As I type one
character, it will not display/enter until the next
character (or RETURN) is entered.  I have tried other
COM terminals (i.e. minicom, etc.).  None have worked
correctly.

My question is, has anybody else ever experienced
this, and what did you do to get the character(s) to
display/enter immediately upon being typed?  ..or am I
truly the only person in the whole wide world to
experience this anomaly?

Thanks to ANY responses
Patrick