Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:48:33 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <crodrigu@bbn.com>
To:        Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended PCI wireless card?

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 02:46:56PM -0400, Chip Marshall wrote:
> Hi, I'm working on a little project to build a FreeBSD-based
> router/access-point, and I just thought I'd ask the list for current
> opinions on wireless solutions that work in host-ap mode. I'm looking
> for either a PCI device or a PCMCIA device and PCMCIA/PCI bridge.
> Anyone have any recommendations or even just warnings of what to stay
> away from?

You should read this article from Sysadmin Magazine,
"Configuring a FreeBSD Access Point for your WIreless Network",
by Michael S. DeGraw-Bertsch,
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=7121/sam0205a/sam0205a.htm

There are some good points raised in the article about different
wireless cards and FreeBSD.

--
Craig Rodrigues        Distributed Systems and Logistics, Office 6/325A
crodrigu@bbn.com       BBN Technologies, a Verizon company