Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:47:14 -0400
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   recover HD boot mbr

I used an old ms/windows 98 PC to install 5.3 beta1 as a dual
bootable system. During the 5.3 install I created the boot manager.
After the basic install I was able to boot 5.3 but did not test boot
win98. I then did a 5.3 kernel recompile and booted the kernel. I
then tried to boot win98 by pressing F1 key and the boot process
just hangs. Rebooting and pressing F2 key for 5.3 also now hangs.

Question = Is there any way to fix this problem without killing the
win98 partition? I was thinking of installing this weeks 5.3 beta2
to see if that would correct the problem. Any suggestions sure would
help.

Thanks