Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:03:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      Anatoly Karp <karp@math.wisc.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Q] ports vs ports-stable

Hello all,

I am tracking -STABLE sources branch, but being
relatively new to FreeBSD I am somewhat confused
about a sound ports tracking strategy. Namely,

1) is it true that, at any given moment,
a particular port may not work properly
(on a -STABLE box)?

2) if so, is there a way for me to adjust
my "ports-supfile" to only track "stable"
ports?

(in particluar, I noticed the existence of

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports-stable/

- is this what I want?)

Thanks,
Anatoly