Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:25:01 +0200
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.s@gmx.net>
To:        "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good mail client?

On 18-10-2001 05:17 (+0000), P. U. (Uli) Kruppa wrote:
> Not on my console. I prefer pine.
> It is as fast as lightning, when you set the arrow-keys to
> lynx-like motion.
> mutt is for people who like emacs :-)

I beg to differ. pine and emacs have menus, mutt and vim do not. (At
least not how I configured them.)

> Anyway: neither mutt nor pine can fetch their mail from a
> POP3 account themselves. You need an additional utility
> called "fetchmail"

They can both handle POP3i (and IMAP). pine can even handle multiple
POP3 mailboxes. However I find fetchmail easier to use (and it allows
use of procmail).

With kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
/ \                  r.j.s@gmx.net                  //  \