Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ed Yu <edlyu@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   anything similar to linux /proc stuff?

Hi, I'm doing a port of a Linux module I wrote so that
I can use it on my FreeBSD system. However, after some
digging, I found the FreeBSD /proc is vastly different
from Linux. Despite the overuse of /proc in Linux, it
is useful still to have something like that in my
module. Basically, I need some kind of pseudo
filesystem to store pseudo files that can report
informations of the module I write. I need to be able
to echo into the files, and cat it out (yes like fifo)
and read information such as the id of the running
process that uses the module, etc.
Is there facility like that in FreeBSD?

Thank you,
ed