Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:01:11 +0100
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS - moving from a zraid1 to zraid2 pool with 1.5tb disks

Hi again List,

I'm not so sure about using raidz2 anymore, I'm concerned for the performanc=
e.

Basically I have 9x 1.5T sata drives.

raidz2 and 2x raidz1 will provide the same capacity.

Are there any cons against using 2x raidz1 instead of 1x raidz2 ?

I plan on using a SSD drive for the OS, 40-64gb, with 15 for the system itse=
lf and some spare.

Is it worth using the free space for cache ? ZIL ? both ?

@jean-yves : didn't you experience problems recently when using both ?

---
Fleuriot Damien