Date:      Wed, 01 Feb 1995 08:20:38 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@morton.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: sup: Ok, I'm gonna do it.

> 2. Some feedback on all of the above.

This scares the willies out of me. OK - so I'm not on the firing line,
so what should I care, but I am in the support business (I am a net
engineer for a commercial Internet service provider) and my experience
that a lot of people just press buttons because they "look cool".
They have NO CONCEPT of what they are doing and they FREAK when things
go wrong.

I fully agree that it should be piss-easy to get SUPping going, but I
think it shoulid be something that folks find later while they are tuning
their systems, rather than while they are still freaked out and confused.

The SUP servers will NAILED if this is not done carefully...

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200