Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 09:10:52 -0400
From:      Ed Budd <ebudd@grokking.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are you truly a M$ desktop alternative?

Sir:

1. FreeBSD is NOT linux. Had you taken any time to read the FAQ and
peruse the website at freebsd.org you would know this;

2. I've yet to read anyone in-the-know suggest that Freebsd is an
appropriate desktop replacement OS for (typically) non tech-savvy
Windows users. Internet servers are another matter altogether and I know
in my mind from working with both Windows and *BSD in various capacities
that the latter family beats the former in terms of reliability,
perfomance and security hands down;

3. You seem to be confused regarding the roles played by an operating
system and user applications. As such, your questions are largely
tangential to the purpose and functionality of this mailing list.
However, there are folks here much kinder and more patient than myself
who will probably point you in the right direction, regardless of your
troll-like demeanor.

Just my personal opinion as a happy FBSD user and (of course) in no way
reflective of the position of anyone but myself.

Have a great day!

EB