Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:53:16 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za>
To:        Lonnie Santella <lonniesantella@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.10 Release & Exim 4.32

--=-9lw907skoFFkR6vA3Co6

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 09:17, Lonnie Santella wrote:

> I need to add some build-time settings beyond the defaults in order to ru=
n=20
> Exim on my system. I'm thinking that I'm making a fundemental mistake her=
e,=20
> but I can't figure out what it is.
>=20

Hi!

Generally, all build-time settings are done from the command line in the
ports directory. It's wise to first check the Makefile in the ports
directory to see a list of options you can build with that particular
port. For example, to build Exim with the Cyrus SASL authentication
daemon one would issue the command:

make WITH_SASLAUTHD=3Dyes install

or

make -DWITH_SASLAUTHD

You can naturally add as many options one after the other.

The Makefile already contains a bunch of default settings which you can
enable or disable but you shouldn't make these changes to the actual
Makefile as this will just be overwritten on your next ports update. You
may also wish to make a note of all your build-time settings and add
them to /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf so the next time you update Exim
the same settings will be used. The pkgtools.conf file is the
configuration file that comes with portupgrade (
/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade )

Cheers,
--=20
Nelis Lamprecht
PGP: http://www.8ball.co.za/pgpkey/nelis.asc
"Unix IS user friendly.. It's just selective about who its friends are."

--=-9lw907skoFFkR6vA3Co6

--=-9lw907skoFFkR6vA3Co6--