Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 1998 13:45:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        chrismar@console.org
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Site Development

Hi Chris,

> I'm trying to create a web site for all free un*x users.  Whether they
> be FreeBSDers, Linuxers, NetBSDers, OpenBSDers, or any un*x users at
> all. I'm thinking of something kinda like slashdot.org or
> freshmeat.net but not as Linux centric.  Something that all un*x
> users/operators can enjoy just just Linux users can enjoy.

Right now we are (ack) 2 days until the release of the first issue of
Daemon News.  This is a BSD (Open,Net,Free, and BSDi I guess if they
wanted to get involved) based ezine.  We won't deal w/ Linux as there are
plenty of Linux based ezines out there and we wanted something that would
allow the BSD's a voice.  We can always use more help in lots of ways if
you'd like to join our effort.  We're not trying to replace slashdot
(which has way too much non-Linux stuff on it for me to consider it a pure
Linux site).  If anything I guess the best comparison would be the Linux
Gazette.  At present we're on a monthly schedule - this could increase in
theory if we had more people/articles/help.

You can check out the people we have in place (a really good group) and
our temporary entry page at:

	http://ezine.freebsd.org/
	http://www.daemonnews.org/

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist,
 as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."
					 -   Popular Science, 1891