Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 23:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Predictor-1 compression benchmarking

'Lo all:

Are there any benchmarks floating around comparing throughput and CPU
utilization with Predictor-1 compression enabled for ppp vs. using
standard v.42bis compression on the modem.  My provider currently
doesn't have support enabled for Predictor-1 compression (I'm not even
sure they have a daemon which implements it) and I'd like to present a
case why they should/shouldn't enable it for their subscribers.

Cheers,
--
( -Wes Santee                        | You're never dead 'til you're )
( wsantee@wsantee.oz.net (preferred) | out of quarters.  --InSoc     )