Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2010 21:49:09 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@freebsd.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: XBMC 10.0

on 08/12/2010 20:21 Bernhard Froehlich said the following:
> Hi multimedia@ guys!
>
> Thanks to the fantastic work of Mickael Maillot we have a small
> Christmas present for you! A new XBMC port is ready for wider testing.
> Please give it a try and report success and eventual errors!
>
> We have cooperated to fix remaining build errors and bring the port
> into a good shape for the ports tree. The only serious issue that i
> currently know of is that the port does not build on FreeBSD 7.x but
> that will be fixed before I commit the port which is planned for late
> December.
>

> XBMC Media Center (formerly named "XBox Media Center")
> is a free and open source cross-platform media-player
> and entertainment hub.
>
> WWW:    http://xbmc.org/
>

> Screenshots:
> http://home.bluelife.at/images/xbmc-10.0/
>
> XBMC Port:
> http://home.bluelife.at/ports/xbmc-cft-20101208.tar.gz

Thanks a lot for this great job!
Couple of questions:
1. Is this port i386-only? Specifically, there seem to be problems compiling it
on amd64 - some .Asm files get compiled into i386 code.
2. There also seem to be problems compiling with gcc44+ from ports.  Not too
drastic ones though - I'll send in couple of patches for this later.

Thanks!
--
Andriy Gapon