Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:42:17 -0600
From:      Matt Crawford <matt@severian.chi.il.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   audiofile editing tools - problems

3.3-RELEASE ... I'm trying to slice up a giant .wav file.  (A DJ made
me a CDR with everything on one huge track.  Ugh.)  I've tried mxv
and dap.  Both play any range of the file as an annoying hiss or
buzz.  If I save a range to a file with mxv and play it with
waveplay, it sounds fine.  Judging by the "scope" windows, those
programs have gotten the endianness of the audio data correct.  (When
I zoom way in, I see smooth curves, not jagged steps.)

Any idea what's wrong?  I can play .wav files fine if I don't do it
through one of these "editing" tools.  My sound card is:
pcm1 (SB16pnp <SB16 PnP> sn 0x00031f72) at 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1
      flags 0x15 on isa