Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:02:15 -0400
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing staroffice problem

OK - I will send it to ports - in the meantime,  I am doing some of
my own trouble-shooting.  I would like to see the code actually executed
from
the Make files at the point we are looking at.

Do you know what option to use with make?  I tried "make -dA install"
which
produced tons of output but nothing more for the specific install area
we have been discussing.  I'd like to actually see the machine execute

        @${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKDIR}/applicat.rdb ${PREFIX}/Office51/bin
        @${INSTALL_DATA} ${_DISTDIR}/libofa517li.so
${PREFIX}/Office51/lib
        @${INSTALL_DATA} ${_DISTDIR}/libsdb517li.so
${PREFIX}/Office51/lib
        @${CHMOD} 100755 ${PREFIX}/Office51/lib/libofa517li.so
        @${CHMOD} 100755 ${PREFIX}/Office51/lib/libsdb517li.so
        @${PATCH} -s ${PREFIX}/Office51/bin/setup
${FILESDIR}/setup.patch
        @${PATCH} -s ${PREFIX}/Office51/bin/soffice
${FILESDIR}/soffice.patch
        @${PERL} -pi -e 's|DefaultDestPath =
"${PREFIX}/Office51";|DefaultDestPa
th = "~/Office51";|' ${PREFIX}/Office51/instdb.ins

to see what all the variables and hence commands, interpret to.

--
Hofstadter's Law:
	It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take