Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:53:03 +0200
From:      "tobias.pirzer" <tobias.pirzer@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rl1 : SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

Hi there,

I' ve got a little problem with my ethernetcard ( a noname (LinxPRO )with
realtek - chip - device rl ) - as long as I use a crosslink cable or a switch
everything works fine and fast, but if take my hub ( the switch isnt mine
:(((    )
the transfers get realy sloooooowwwww ( about 8 - 10 k ).
So i thought the solution would be to force half-duplex, but when i try
to give ifconfig the option ' mediaopt half-duplex '  it returns with
error :          ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

man rl and some other postings also think mediaopt half-duplex to be the
solution for my problem ?
Can anyone help me ?

Thanks for your support and sorry for asking silly questiones in bad english
and
MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
tobi