Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:50:35 +0800
From:      "Rafter Man" <rafter@linuxmail.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken port?

----- Original Message -----
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>

> The checksum mismatch should indicate to you that there was a problem
> downloading the file, or if the distfile has actually changed then the
> port may have already been updated.  Update your ports tree, remove
> the distfile from from /usr/ports/distfiles and re-fetch it (by hand
> from another MASTER_SITE if necessary).

Ok, now I got it all installed (after 2½ port
problems), but when I write "startx" I get
(and I have conf. Xwindows):
Fatal server error:
xf86EnableIO: Failed to open /dev/io for extended I/O

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill
or server shutdown)
Xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "main:0"
in "remove" command

I don't understand why there should be so many
problems getting gnome to run. In 4.5 I just chose
gnome+sawfish as my X-desktop and it got and
installed it. But now it install to much, so I have
to manualle install 3 port and none of the ports
installed without problems. Now I have conf'ed
Xwindows like I have allways done and it get run?

Best regards
Rafter