Date:      Mon, 09 May 2005 11:16:16 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jspedron@club-internet.fr>
To:        Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Asus V6V in acpi_asus(4)

--------------enig4A9A4EF4E77AF42E7CBA7A4B

Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2005-05-05 22:31:15 (+0200), Jean-Sébastien Pédron <jspedron@club-internet.fr> wrote:
>
>>Here[1] is a patch against today's acpi_asus.c (HEAD) to add support for
>>Asus V6V.
>
> Thanks :-)  I'll commit this soonish.

Thanks, I've just seen the commit mail.

>>Especially, the method to get the display state (.disp_get): at boot time,
>>hw.acpi.asus.video_output contains out-of-range values, but after setting it
>>to an acceptable value, it reports the last set number.
>
> Would be interesting to know how out of range these values are and where they
> come from.  Are the values also out of range when you load acpi_asus as a
> module after booting?

I always get "257" when the module is loaded at boot time
(acpi_asus_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf). I've just tested with a
module loaded only after the system has booted, it's "257" too. I
remember I had "758" once but perhaps with another ACPI method.

Regards,

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron
http://www.dumbbell.fr/