Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2018 19:02:40 +0300
From:      Yuri Pankov <yuripv@yuripv.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   regex, multibyte locales, and word boundaries

--p8IhWLes9jJtEyQe8bxwD0DPXoEUrQ9Zz
From: Yuri Pankov <yuripv@yuripv.net>
To: freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>

--07odA7TKf2mtNqjkFg4cktmrTFo1E2kIs

Hi,

We have the following note in the BUGS section of regcomp(3):

Word-boundary matching does not work properly in multibyte locales.

It was added ages ago along with multibyte support in our regex
implementation, though I can't think of any positive test case to see
that the problem is real, and eventually fix it.

I'm wondering if anyone has real life examples showing the bug?