Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:41:36 -0400
From:      "douglasv" <douglasv@verizon.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   apache-modssl

Thank you in advance

I have FreeBSD-4.6.2 with apache-modssl --it works fine
on itself.. These programs were installed from the ports collection via ftp

My win2000 computer can get http but not https request
     (the https request complains-" this page cannot be displayed")

The install program provided a ssl virtual host container to which I added
IP,hostname, etc

The custom certificate common name matches the webservers name

[virtual host ref:]
    NameVirtualHost 192.168.123.8:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.123.8:443>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"   (I also tried data-dist )
ServerName tim.sqlserver.local (I also tried 192.168.123.8:443 )
etc ...

The hosts file on both computors contain each computers IP and names
The webserver DNS is localhost

I'm an intermediate beginner with FreeBSD and could use some suggestions.

Thank you,
Douglas