Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:00:10 +0100 (CET)
From:      Sascha Klauder <sklauder@ibd-web.de>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 a severe disappointment

On Thu Mar 23 19:41:17 2000, Warner Losh wrote:
> What kind of card?  The MAC looks bogus to me.  Are you sure that

It's a D-Link DFE-650TX. The cisdump matches exactly that one on the
PAO site.

> nothing else is using 0x240-0x25f on your machine (generally nothing
> would be, but I gotta ask).

There is a SB Pro at 0x220, 0x330, 0x388, irq 5, dma 0, dma 1. But it's
disabled, so I hope there are no other devices floating around...

> Are you sure that both irq 3 and 5 are free?

Well, there is only one sio at irq4, so I'd guess irq 3 is free.

Now, what's interesting too, I can select the "PC Card controller mode"
in the BIOS; there are three settings "Auto-Selected", "PCIC Compatible"
and "CardBus/16-Bit". Now I've selected CardBus, and the kernel
recognizes a "pcic-pci0: <Toshiba ToPIC95 PCI-CardBus Bridge>", but it
doesn't detect the card slots. There's a "<NEC uPD 9210 USB controller>"
too, at the same interrupt (11) as the CardBus controller, but I can't
disable it. I've tried a BIOS-update already, no go. That thing drives
me crazy....

Cheers,
-sascha