Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:43:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        sepotvin@videotron.ca
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gas pseudo-ops

In article <000001bf260d$837c8770$0100000a@stephanep.bishop>,
Stephane Potvin <sepotvin@videotron.ca> wrote:

> Do you think it would be possible to change the
> 	.type <symbol>,@object
> for
> 	.type <symbol>,object
> in gensetdef? By looking in the gas code I found that the assembler just
> ignores the @ character.

I think it would be much better to remove all of the platform-specific
asm statements from gensetdefs and put them into a header
<machine/gensetdefs.h>.  Gensetdefs would then emit an include of that
header to get the needed definitions.

This isn't very high on my personal priority list, though.

John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron