Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:19:43 +0100
From:      "Martin Zibert" <martin.zibert@drustvo-dns.si>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Restricting Xwindows

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Corey" <scott@bsdprophet.org>
To: "Martin Zibert" <martin.zibert@drustvo-dns.si>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 4:27 PM

Hello again,

> Martin,
>
> Okay, you would like a system that only has netscape running on it. With

Actualy i would like a system, that has everything, just one user account
must be restricted.
And yes, it must have Xwindows but without window manager (i think that by
default it comes without Xwindows - it contains only 3 xterms .. blue
backgroud)

> the xwindow system you must have a window manager, however there are
> ways to restict the menus that the person would have to use.
>
> You would like the users only to view netscape and not save anything.

Yes, i would like the users ONLY to view netscape! Let's say: no xterms, no
menus, just Netscape.

> Would you like the users to be able to save only to a floppy disc, or
> not at all?

No users mustn't be able to save on any device connected to computer.I think
that can be accomplished with permission and security level, right?

> Why do you want to restrict the ctrl+alt+backspace?

Because if that is not restricted, anyone can bypass that and can access
prompt. We don't want that, because users can only surf.

> Would you like a gui logon prompt? Reasons being if the user does
> ctrl+alt+backspace in a xwindow session it would go back to the gui
> login prompt only, limiting the users to logon and logoff.

Well i didn't understand the last sentence, but anyway: users can only surf
and nothing else.No prompt, no saving files or such things.
Can you please help me with that?

Thanks in advance

Bye,

Martin