Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 20:33:59 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        stanb@panix.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Re: Largefile (> 2G) support?

stanb@panix.com writes:
> If I install the current STABLE distribution on a new machien, what do I
> need to to to enable largefile support on it?

All you need is a filesystem large enough to hold the file and
something to create said file.

FreeBSD has had this ability since the begining. Years ago in a former
life I routinely pushed 4G to 12G tape images around in FreeBSD, each as
a single file ready to be pushed raw on to tape as needed. Essentially
the same thing as CD-ROM images but was tape.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net