Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:23:31 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.x discussions should migrate to freebsd-stable

All,

Now that 5.3 is about to be released (really, I mean it this time!) and
5.x is considered -STABLE, further 5.x discussions and bug reports
should migrate over to the freebsd-stable mailing list.  I know that
after 4+ years, there is probably a lot of sentimental attachment to
freebsd-current, and some of you probably have never seen a branch go
stable yet, but just like watching your kids graduate and go to college,
it's time to accept that our baby has grown up =-)

There are already a number of differences between the two branches that
make it hard to distill bug reports (ULE and GEOM, for example), so
this should be seen as a way to help continue to stabilize 5.x and also
get ready for 6.0.

Scott