Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 03:15:49 +0100
From:      Jan-Espen Pettersen <sigsegv@login.kvalito.no>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup dumps core (ASSERT failed)

On Sunday 23 March 2003 15:40, Richard Arends wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Jan-Espen Pettersen wrote:
> > > Did you build cvsup/ezm3 with gcc optimalisation flags?
> >
> > I have a problem with finding a trustible answer to that, except from
> > that the programs and libraries were retrieved from the prebuilt
> > packages system.
>
> Those packages don't have (very specific) flags, so that should not be the
> problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

It looks like the problem is more or less related to lang/ezm3 not net/cvsup.

I'm testing a possible, but dirty workaround now. It seems to work, but is
still very dirty.

Possible workaround:
Removing the assert line that fails. (comment out)
And then:
1.   (deinstall +) reinstall lang/ezm3
2.   (deinstall +) reinstall net/cvsup

Jan-Espen Pettersen